JOB SUMMARY: To direct and develop the Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy departments. Responsible for caseload of patients 50-75% of time in accordance with physical therapist job summary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To supervise and optimize all day to day operations of the rehabilitation department.
- Development of appropriate job descriptions, in conjunction with the Rehabilitation Director.
- Development and implementation of pertinent policies and procedures, in conjunction with the Rehabilitation Director.
- Supervision and at least annual evaluation of Rehabilitation staff.
- Reviews overtime, vacation and absence forms, and completes supervisory staff evaluation forms.
- Recommendation of the type and amount of equipment and facilities needed to perform required services.
- Provide a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical and biological hazards.
- Ensure rehabilitation licenses are current and up to date.
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance programs are maintained.
- Run statistical reports out of EPIC and develop productivity reports weekly and monthly.
- Review with Rehabilitation Director, and when appropriate with Rehabilitation staff.
- Counsels and assists personnel with problems, questions or conflicts.
- To ensure that quality therapy services are delivered with competent and professional staff.
- To ensure that all federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to health and safety are abided.
- To ensure that all APTA standards and code of ethics are followed
- Establishment of a system for scheduling patients
- Establishment of continuing education opportunities for staff personnel
- Participation in the review and evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of patient care on an on-going basis.
- May be exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Attends OSHA training upon initial employee orientation and annually completes an OSHA competency.
- Attend any meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Rehabilitation Director.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Direct contact with patients both in person and over the phone. Must maintain a courteous and effective relationship with patients. Patient accommodation and satisfaction is critical. Must maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, staff, physicians, and administration.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program. Current license to practice Physical Therapy in New York State: Doctorate Degree preferred, but not necessary. Minimum of 2-4 years previous experience in a comparable supervisory position.